Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The last bit of good news Jesus gave us

This morning I was encouraged by my reading of Matthew 28:18-20.  I am amazed at, motivated by and thankful for the clear command that Jesus gave his disciples to take the gospel to all nationalities in the world.  Up until now, the good news had for the most part reached only the Jewish people, and yet here the son of God Himself proclaims that it is for all people.  What good news!  And what reassurance are given in verse 18 and 20-

"all authority in heaven and earth" is at our Lord's disposal as He oversees our carrying out of this commission.

"I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Big sigh of relief there!)  I feel like a child being entrusted with the weightiest and most serious of tasks, only to find out that the king himself will be doing it with me.  Surely I cannot fail with Him by my side!

I'm so thankful to be able to join the harvest not only here in the Unites States, but also in South America (in person soon!) and in Asia and Europe (where we support other missionary works).

No comments:

Post a Comment