Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Spanish Blog: Running In The Fog

 *Click here to read the story behind my Spanish Blog 

This morning it was quite foggy up on the mountain where I went for my run with the Lord.  My mind was also foggy.  I feel so childish and unsure about so many things these days.  When I was a child at least the path before me felt clear.  Obey the parents, get good grades in school, be helpful with my siblings, and enjoy free time with friends.  The minutia of daily life activities was either handled by my parents or open to my own whims.  I miss the simplicity and confidence I enjoyed then. 

 

So I cried out to my Father, “Speak to me God!  I need to hear Your guiding and reassuring voice.” 

 

And as I ran into the mist, He flooded my mind with an authoritative, peace-generating impression—characteristics that I have come to associate with His voice.  “Everyone in the world runs in the fog like you do, Laura.  I am the only One who sees clearly into the future.  Let Me be the One who guides us.”

 

 

“The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.” Proverbs 16:9

 

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.  Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.” Psalm 32:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment