Friday, December 5, 2014

Racing in the Kitchen

There are several doors in the kitchen that we try to keep Finn out of - the closet door, the refrigerator door, and the dishwasher door.  Finn has figured out that we have to open all of these from time to time, however, and that when we do, he has to act fast if he wants to get inside before we can close them again.  So tonight I was putting things on the table for dinner while Finn was playing on the floor in the kitchen and every time I opened one of those doors, Finn would drop what he was doing and make a dash for it.  Even if he was behind me I could hear his breathing begin to race and his little hands slapping against the tile floor as he raced toward whatever it was in attempt to stake his claim to it before I could get it shut.  It was absolutely hilarious.  He doesn't get upset if I pulled him away, but he tried again and again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment