Friday, February 15, 2013

A Radient Moment

It's amazing how dramatically the weather can affect one's mood.  After quite a few rainy days in a row, I was struck, yesterday, by how wonderful life felt in the sunlight.  I felt like I would be happy to do anything in the world in that bright cheery weather.

I thanked God for the reminder of His presence, and then wondered about whether this was a small measure of what will transpire in my heart when I get to heaven.  I imagine the brightest, cheeriest day here will seem dark and gloomy when compared with heaven's radiance.  Hearts will leap with joy at the mere sight of it I'm sure.

This morning my Bible study directed me to read 2 Corinthians 3:18.  Don't you love it when God teaches you something in a variety of different ways all at the same time?

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

Perhaps I, too, can radiate God's glory.  I shall pray for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment