Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Ezra

Our Sunday School teacher assigned to read the book of Ezra last week.  I continue to be floored by what I read there.  It felt like an affirmation of the life I’m finding myself caught up in—a life that I’m not sure I ever really chose.  I think my spirit has often said yes to it, but like a butterfly caught in a wind funnel I’m thrilled and unnerved all at once.  There is great beauty at the vertices and a sense of absolute rightness permeating throughout…. Yet the largeness of it gives one great pause.  This is life on the wings of Purpose and Power and Kindness Himself.

 

 

 

I find in Ezra a God who takes people up on their willingness to be used for greatness. 

A God who is pleased to do things that no one would ever expect

In people who should be His foe.

 

 

In Ezra I read of a God who stoops into our stomping grounds

And changes the rules of play,

Employing human frailty to make dreams become reality.

 

 

In Ezra I see a God who delights to surprise humanity with His attention to detail

And His prompt, never too-late solution for every predicament.

A God who loves to fashion unlikely joy.

 

 

Truly our God is a consuming fire, and the gravity of His kingdom is relentless.

To find yourself in His blueprint is to discover the longings of your heart.

And that alignment exists in the universe after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment