Saturday, November 20, 2021

A Really Good Conversation

Some of my best conversations with Him come via earbuds and Spotify's random play function. 


 
"Holy (Wedding Day)" by City Harmonic
 

This song puts life in such perspective.  I really identify with the picture of a bride longing for her wedding day, and overflowing with joy in the knowledge that her groom is being crowned the king.  

 

 

"The King and All His Beauty" by Matt Boswell and Matt Papa

 

Yes, Father.  How Worthy You are.  Oh that I would be able to sing this song every moment as I live here and go about my days.

 

 

 

 
"Braver Sill" by JJ Heller

 

Yes, I know.  You allow the pain and the hurt because even in that You show your kindness.  Somehow the subtlety of Your voice conveys even more profoundly your wisdom, omnipotence, and commitment to my good.

 

 

 
"Burn for You" by Rivers and Robots 

 

Watching and praying.  That is what You call me to.  Let it be Father.  Make me burn for You in a way that not only propels my relationship with You but that brings You glory in my environment as well.  But You must be my first love.  Let my relationship with You be all that matters.  More than my impact here. 

 

 "If You Want me To" by Ginny Owens

 

 

 
"Messiah / You're Beautiful" by Phil Wickham
 

 

Yes, Father.  Let me just keep my eyes on you as I walk wherever You lead.  Your beauty.  Your providence for me.  Your throne and sovereignty over all things.  Your immanent return.

 

Thank you Father.  Thank you for meeting with me this morning and speaking to me through these songs.  Help me to keep listening today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment