Saturday, November 7, 2020

Survival Run

 

 
 
I was introduced to this video yesterday and I LOVED this it!  A couple times I almost teared up because it felt so so close to reality to me!  I feel like this man’s attempt to run an impossible race blind is EXACTLY what we are doing attempting to navigate life in this fallen world.  We have absolutely no sight to see what is coming around the corner and not ability to navigate through circumstances if not for the very real presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit.  This year more than ever I have become aware of how sweet this type of daily dependence is, and yet how incredibly vulnerable it feels.  Most of the time we don’t realize that we’re blind, and so we don’t grip the Spirit the way we should and consequently we trip and fall and veer off the path constantly.  Imagine if that blind man were to let go of His sighted friend and take off on his own leaving his friend to chase after him and do whatever he could to get the guy back on course??  So often that has been me.

I loved the way the two men were so practiced at running together that they knew the importance of constant two-way communication, they knew how to change positions at a moment’s notice to minimize the weaknesses of the blind man and maximize the strengths of the friend, and they paced themselves focusing on the task at hand.  Oh that I would be this attuned to the Spirit’s leading in my life!

- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment