Monday, January 23, 2017

A Glimpse of Eden

I truly consider myself one of the most fortunate people in the world.  I know that there cannot be many who feel such joy in their work.  There are so many ways in which I can see that God created me for this life here in Peru.  I love the freedom that comes with being a foreigner who is seen as and expected to be different.  I love seeing the hands and feet of Christ in my co-workers on a weekly basis.  I love being able to contribute in a small way to a bigger work that God is doing in this city.  I love being able to share the work that God is doing here with friends back home.

And I LOVE teaching and befriending these missionary children.  I seriously have dreamed of this since I was their age, and when I'm preparing lessons and passing the morning with them in my home, I feel so blessed that my calling and my desire are one and the same.

I bless the Lord for this period of life and ministry that He has given me.  I don't know for how long it will last or how it may change, but I am so thankful that for now God has bestowed upon me this glimpse of Eden--the way the world was meant to be, where one never doubts his purpose and never knows anything but joy in fulfilling it.

- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment