Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Reminiscing on God's Faithfulness

One of the wonderful things about blogging is that you read your thoughts from times gone by.  We so quickly forget the things God has done in our lives - the little key moments in life that alter our thinking or grow our faith but are quickly forgotten in the midst of busyness.

In Deuteronomy 8, as Moses shared God's message for the children of Israel just before they entered their promised land "flowing with milk and honey," he warns them over and over again, to be careful that you do not forget the things God has done in your lives [my paraphrase]! 

 2 And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.

11 Take care lest you forget the Lord your God by not keeping his commandments and his rules and his statutes, which I command you today, 12 lest, when you have eaten and are full and have built good houses and live in them, 13 and when your herds and flocks multiply and your silver and gold is multiplied and all that you have is multiplied, 14 then your heart be lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God,

17 Beware lest you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.’ 18 You shall remember the Lord your God
 Reading back on my xanga blog today I have been overwhelmed by the countless times God has spoken to me, comforted me, directed me, provided for me, and taught me.  He really is involved in the every day occurrences of our lives - we just don't choose to recognize it most of the time.  This is another reason blogging is so good for me.  It causes me to consider God and His kingdom and what they have to do with me today.

I just read this post and it caused me to praise God in my heart for the way He uses His word and His people to point me to Him so clearly.

I thank God for using things like Xanga to remind me of His goodness, His love, and His perfect plan for me.

You may not be a writer, or even if you like to write you may not find time for it, but I encourage you today to find time to remember, and find a way to mark the ways God is working in your life today.  Like the standing stones that God commanded the Israelites to set up as momuments to His work in their lives, I think we too should erect monuments of some kind to His work in ours.

What kind of standing stones do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment