Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Another Reason We're Still Here

I feel like every single week, and sometimes daily, I have the thought, “maybe that is why God still has us here?” Sometimes it is after a great conversation where I am able to see God using me (or Derek) to encourage or motivate someone.  Sometimes it’s after God puts me in a situation that causes me to turn to Him and ultimately grow a little closer to Him.  Sometimes it’s after we meet someone new who becomes interested in helping the gospel go forth in Peru.  Sometimes it’s after connecting with someone from long ago who turns out to need some encouragement or prayer.  Every week I am noticing ways that God is using us and growing us here right now, and I wonder afterward whether that is the reason God hasn’t moved us to Peru yet? So that we could have that encounter? 

In truth, the answer is probably yes, yes, and yes.  There must be a million reasons, and all of them intertwined and connected; we serve a God who is infinite and thorough.  And tonight it occurred to me that this waiting is causing me to notice these significant “God-moments” more than before.  In looking to justify the wait, I’m seeing God’s hand at work.

The title of our website is inspired by this quote: 
“There is no event so commonplace but that God is present within it, always hiddenly, always leaving you room to recognize him or not to recognize him. . . in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.” - Frederick Buechner

I think that all moments could be key moments if we would recognize them as such.  The challenge is to see God in everything and accept His constant presence and orchestration.  In this seeing and accepting the yoke becomes light, and the struggle becomes purposeful.  Yet most moments pass without us noticing Him.  


Through this waiting season, however,  God is opening my eyes to a few more moments than before.  And THAT is significant.  I hope it doesn’t stop when we finally do get to Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment