Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Ahoy, there, Comrad!

One aspect of motherhood that I really, really appreciate, is the community that comes with it.  I'm only just beginning to tap into it, but there's something really special about having taken on a responsibility that necessarily involves giving of yourself and putting others first, which so many others are doing alongside me!  There's such a unique comradery among people who share a similar passion, struggle, delight, and while I know there are circumstances that produce this effect much more acutely than motherhood, it's something that I have come to truly appreciate. 

I was thinking about this this morning, and thanking God for the other moms in my life who support me and encourage me, when it occurred to me that the Christian life ought to be like that too.  If I've taken up my cross and so have you, we ought to delight in each other's company and fall naturally and often into conversation about the joys and struggles of following Christ on this earth, right?  (the way moms spend so much time talking about their kids)  Something to ponder...

And I wonder about the comradery in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment